Sunday 19 August 2012

Our Valentine Day dinner at Rasoi Restaurant

Our trip to the Restaurant
Today, we just remembered our Valentine's dinner date at the prestigious Rasoi (by Vineet Bhatia) Restaurant. And I thought why not posting it on our blog as I must confess that this was one of the best experiences in my life.

I have never been to a very posh restaurant before but there is always a first time for everything and that night I felt like a real princess. I must mention that this is normal and regular Mark's treatment towards me but the night was a surprise that you kept  very quiet! I remember you mentioning that we had to dress relatively smartly as we were going to have dinner at Chelsea! the first thought was 'Wow, this sounds like a posh dinner'.

We arrived there just in time to find the place, we walked around Lincoln St. but we couldn't locate the restaurant. Our appointment was at 7pm (I think Mark?) and it was a bit dark as it was in February, but after a few minutes we found the place! it looked like a house from outside and I wasn't sure what to expect.

We then went through the entrance and a person greeted us and took our coats. I felt the first impression of 'Uh-oh, we are in a very posh place!'. After the doorman took our coats he seated us at one of the tables and the place was empty from inside the experience was really nice, the place had lots of Indian atmosphere and the staff very welcoming and friendly. After our arrival they informed us that there was a complimentary food from the house and they placed it on our table... the rest was just a feast of plates that kept coming to our table. Unfortunately I do not recall the names of the dishes but Mark, if you remember any you could perhaps go to this post and Edit the captions for the photos? if not the full menu is here http://www.rasoi-uk.com/prestige.php and I have got pictures to prove how wonderful that night and the dishes were! I didn't want to destroy the pieces of art! he he 

I now understand why not many people were there, the menu is around £100 or more per head! .... Mark, you absolutely know how to keep a girl happy with small and big presents all the time! I still cannot believe it, you are an amazing gentleman! :) I have got other experiences that Mark took me too... to follow!

Here are the pics of the amazing plates:

  

                                                            The complimentary starter

   



   



   

                                                                                                                     Melon and pepper sorbet

    

                                                                              Rose petal ice-cream and Chocolate samosa

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely delicioso!!! what a great night we shared together. Most of all Ivloved the company, food came second after my gorgeous cariño Elisa.

    Was fantastic to be able to share in such a special occasion with you my love. Was a great valentines feast to remember. 9 courses including our complimentary dish. A..may..zing!!

    I love taking you out and treating you babe xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. error... "Most of all I loved"

    ReplyDelete
  3. here's a bit more on the Gourmand menu we went for..

    http://thefoodiesabode.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/gourmand-tasting-menu-at-rasoi-by.html

    ReplyDelete