Tuesday 29 May 2012

Addition to trip to Austria

Addition to Austria

We had such a great time, even though it wasn't enough time to see everything. As my cariño Elisa mentioned we were getting up early to see as much as we possibly could with the time we had given ourselves. The town of Graz is not very large and after 1hour or so Elisa and I was able to venture around town without any help. I do recommend the clock tower known as the Uhrtuhm which you can either see by lift, cable car or stairs.

It was nice to be able to introduce Elisa to my maternal Grandmother (last grandparent still alive). However nervous I was of introductions and not knowing wether both would get on well we both arrived at my Grandmothers flat on arrival at Graz and they seemed to be able to chat for hours which was great. I was able to breathe easy that both got on well, but also very happy that I could take a short rest whilst they discussed back and forth between themselves. We got on the train around 11am the next day as Elisa mentioned to get to Vienna, Beautiful countryside.. all the way to Vienna.  Elisa has covered most of our time there, so I am just going to say very very cultural and artistic whether it be arts, music, museums or theatre - Vienna had it all.

On our return to Graz, we had more time to enjoy the Styrian Graz food, we went out one night with Gran to a typical Graz 'locally sourced' restaurant.. where we tried all different specialties. Fish, Veal, Soups. Very tasty. On reminiscing of our special trip, it was fun and full of running around but well worth the trip. Oh and yes, Elisa has tons of photos of our lovely memories together. : )

1 comment:

  1. Aww.... nice comments and additions to my blog post :) xx

    ReplyDelete